The title (and post) is not in any way sexually motivated.
I used to be a panic-buyer during “Sale” seasons back in college and law school. I find it instantly rewarding to buy a Topman jeans for half its price or a Zara jacket for 60% off, or even a Converse sneakers for 30% less than its regular price.
Now, I “panic-book”, if ever there’s a term.
![]() |
| www.cebupacificair.com |
Cebu Pacific has been giving
these crazy seat sales for domestic and international flights, and I am
uncontrollably fighting my urge to book flights. And just like any other form
of temptation, I succumbed. Was it Oscar Wilde who said that the best way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it? So, I booked two flights today for its ALL-IN promo: one in October bound for
Singapore and the other in November bound to Tagbilaran City, Bohol.
Previously, I also booked flights for our Misibis Bay adventure (Albay), Ho Chi Mihn, Siem Reap,
Kalibo (Boracay), Kuala Lumpur, and two weeks ago for our HK-Macau trip. And that’s just for this
year. Great.
I don’t know if this is psychologically
motivated on the part of Cebu Pacific, but I think it works wonders. People
have this certain satisfaction if that they buy products at a lower cost rather than
its original price, they save a lot of money. They sometimes forget that they don't need these things. Pricing has always been a motivating factor for many people, myself included. That’s probably the reason why people during “Sale”
tend to buy more than what they need. Or even those that accumulate
points from rewards card who think they are vastly benefited: by a pair of
umbrella for P50,000 worth of goods.
Which makes me think that I have
to control myself in booking for flights, akin to buying and shopping for
clothes. True, I get to see the world and the beautiful places in the country.
But I think that there should be a limit to my spending in general. I don’t want
to wake up tomorrow and be begging in the streets for alms.
So, no panic-booking for now, except
for an Incheon sale in December. (Please, pretty please.) After that, I’ll stop. Fingers crossed.

We have similar problems.
ReplyDelete