Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Catharsis.


I used to blog about my mundane existence from 2003 until 2009. The year I started blogging was when I graduated from college. I greatly missed my column in the college newspaper and I had to find an alternative. Blogging worked wonders when I started working in ABS-CBN as a writer/researcher/producer. For almost a year, I was part of a bunch of doe-eyed graduates trying to produce relevant shows that would sell to the general public. My first few months were difficult times, and I had to find a catharsis. Graduating with degrees in Applied Economics and Commerce (Legal Management) were not really helpful in a media company armed only with an experience in the collegiate newspaper and literary folio.

In a blinding streak of insanity, I decided to take up law.

Law school was a complete shock, and I needed an avenue to vent my frustration and anxiety. Otherwise, I will die of stress literally. I do remember that after studying in a coffee until wee hours of the morning, I ran into the nearest Internet shop to write something: substantial, interesting, humdrum, my levels of toxicity, and things of curiosity.

I stopped writing in my still existent blog when I took the Bar Examinations.

http://blueprintprep.com/lsatblog/law-school-admissions
Three years later fraught with contracts to review, agreements to polish, and tax and corporate queries to answer, I realized that I need an avenue to escape. Writing has always proven to be quite a charmer. In my interim moments of boredom, I contributed articles for Business World, Philippine Star, The Philippine Daily Inquirer, but almost all of them were business and tax-related and in reality would even put me into coma. In pursuit of  a happier and lighter medium, I resolved to (again) write anything unrelated to work, which spew matters related to law, tax, corporate and labor. See the enumeration in itself already bored me to death.

So, in a moment of multiple personality, I am congratulating myself for this small success. Now, on to that Affidavit.

No comments:

Post a Comment