Monday, December 23, 2013

Whispers.

The dissonance of space and time in lonely forgotten parts of the world is brimming with madness, half-expecting carrots to turn alive while the moon is silent in its melancholy. It’s as if one’s ephemeral view of the world has resurfaced, albeit in flashbacks of the worst dreams and fantasies. And I am not talking about the grunge look of the ’90s.

There I was, seated on a lonely chair, wishing that the world would suddenly reveal its grandiose plan, but only to be swayed by the reality that talking to oneself is not a good way to start examining the greatest plans of the universe.

Solitude. Picture from: http://www.webzdarma.cz/
The universe whispered that in our insignificance lies the potential for greatness. But people easily cower back into their everyday mundane existence rather than embrace the potential for greatness. It’s easier to walk the path where others have already ventured, as everything is already laid down than create a totally divergent road with potential risks for failure.


And in the rocking of my chair, I do what I do best: ponder on thoughts that come and go and doubts that surface and wither. It gives me something to do, but it does not really take me anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment