![]() |
| AttyMico. Non-existent. |
It
was a purely personal reason, which some people might have imagined as selfish.
I can’t blame them completely. Of course, the right to remove one’s account is
entirely dependent on the account holder’s choice. But when lives have
interacted and stories have been shared, it seems that other people get
emotional attachment, even if interaction has been limited to the virtual world.
I
made messages to people who mattered to me. Some, with crappy sentimental stuff
akin to the ones that were posted on high school graduation booklets. Others
are more melodramatic, occasionally bordering on nostalgia and with a tinge of
regret. While majority are optimistic, bent on the possibility of meeting one
day and half-remembering the reason for the moment of insanity. Of course, I would
no longer know the reply, if there will be one. It’s one of those things that I
have to carry on with me for the choice, haphazard or not, that I made.
Some
were cautious enough to save my email address, and started asking the reason
for my online demise. It was, of course, not a spur-of-the-moment decision, but
it’s also not a predicated move. I have discussed it with my other self, and
realized based on the gravity of circumstances that this would be the best
recourse at the moment. (Note: I am not dying nor am I transferring to some
foreign country wherein Twitter is not allowed.)
I
have deactivated my account once when I was overwhelmed by the online reaction I
got. In my books, reaction is different from the number of followers one has. Contrary to what others believe, I am still a private person. I might be
the usual person you see inside a coffee shop reading the latest Batman comics or
one of the Classics. When I am at my best, I attempt to be part of some sporadic social or political
events, mostly attributable to the prodding of some “friends.” Most of the time, however, I bury
myself at the comfort of my home tucked under the sheets. Now, I permanently deactivated my account notwithstanding the hidden messages from online crushes, “Favorites” of some people I admire, and casual conversations with fellow comrades.
I always believe that there is a reason for everything. Some are apparent, but
for most things, the reasons are partly hidden. In the middle of this confusion, I have to tuck memories--all the good memories. At the end of the day, memories are all that I
have, and all that I shall carry on as I attempt to move forward.

Silence affords more time for introspection. Your random musings will be missed, Mico.
ReplyDeleteRandom musings that do not quite make sense. Cheers, Anonymous. :)
ReplyDeleteHow come my comment wasn't posted?
ReplyDeleteI don't think thy comment was loaded in the first place.:)
ReplyDelete