Thursday, December 18, 2014

Redemption.

http://marco-art.deviantart.com/art/The-last-trip-168278020


Hello....
You there...
Male/36/California.

The flicker of the buzz from my computer at 4 o’clock in the morning resonates a neglected desire, and I am too aloof and tired to heed it. It’s calling, but the noise is not deafening.

I am exhausted, and against my better judgment, I tell myself that I have to endure this.

***
Hey, what’s up.
Are you up?
Depends on what you want to be up.
Depends too if you can afford it.

***
I am tired to play this game of hide and seek in the wormhole that is my redemption. A makeshift bed made of forgotten memories. Nothing hides here and nothing escapes, even my melancholy is trapped inside this room. If one can call this a room.

I pray to forgotten saints, and curse my inner demons at the same time. I attempt to recall the elementary principles of longing and wanting and giving back, catching my breath in the process.

***
That is one hell of a show.
                                                                                              Thanks for the tip then.
***

I log out. This time, I am too numb to care or think.  I pack my bags and the few remaining possessions I have. I want to leave.

But then again, where will I go?

2 comments:

  1. That awful moment when you wake up in a prison of your own making. There's something beautiful in victims of their own circumstance. I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the old internet 'chat rooms' to today's Grinder, you describe them for what they truly are: This photo of a broken room!

    ReplyDelete