Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Art of Blogging.

I started with Blogspot in 2004. I was in my confused years at that time, and gradually starting to discover my sexuality, along with my strengths and insecurities. My old blog (which is still existing) was shared mostly to people who until now constantly nudge me when will I intend to get married. You get the drift. Prior to Blogspot, I was part of Tabulas, the equivalent of today’s Facebook or Twitter.

I don’t have a vast retinue of gay blogger friends before, save for two people. One is a Palanca multi-awarded poet, and the other a successful IT manager. They are still my friends now in FB and Twitter though I have not seen them for the longest, save for occasional text messages and greetings during holidays.

A year short of a decade, I went to my old site and checked the links of the people I followed. Some of them still have updates and photos in their blogs. Others, however, are as empty as blank canvasses. I tried to read some past essays of friends, majority of whom are now editors, writers, and contributors of dailies and major magazines in the country. In that decade where writing was the quintessential fad, it’s quite surreal to read the thoughts of people who intend to change the world, or who just want to know how to adapt to the changing world.

I am not certain if they still go back to their old blog sites.  But reading their works make me miss the times when people write because an audience is waiting, with full eagerness to dip into one’s thoughts and soul. But, some things fade, no matter how much you try to preserve it. It’s scary and sad.

Blogging is the new graffiti on the walls: moments of one’s existence forever inked on temporary surfaces. But some habits are difficult to let go.

3 comments:

  1. "But some habits are difficult to let go."

    And there are stale walls in need of more artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me look at my old blog (I started in 2006), and yes, a lot has indeed changed. For the better? I'm not sure. One thing's for sure - people blog these days for different kinds of reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I would last long before my passion completely fades away. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete