Monday, August 5, 2013

The Flight of the Yadah-Yadah Existence.

The humdrum of everyday existence could be tedious.

Waking up to the same set of similar things and activities could lead into an array of contentious questions suddenly, and without regard to the theories of time and space, popping into one’s head. The more absurd, the better it seems.

There’s obviously boredom in monotony, and it’s a wonder why many people, including you and me, oftentimes choose to live the lives we have been accustomed to. Being saddled with the same set of events is not only taxing, but could be mind boggling as well. Not to mention, the manner of dealing with the same set of people with equally dreary lifestyles and hang-ups.

But what is really compelling is that we choose to drag our feet despite our revulsion in what we see and encounter everyday. True, sometimes we are saddled by more pressing issues of survival or even complacency, which lead us to accept the revulsion and act as if we are on the happiest psychedelic paradise we could think of. Oftentimes though, everything turns into a convoluted mess of catastrophic proportions.

I don’t have a point, really. I just think that people grow accustomed to certain things, embrace them as universal truths, and think that everything will forever be part of such truths. Fact is, nothing is ever permanent, and at one point, you will realize that you lived your entire life not knowing what you really want.

Then, you are reincarnated as a cockroach.

1 comment:

  1. I have long been searching for my purpose in life to no avail. But then, I thought, once I have found my purpose, what then? The cycle would continue of dragging myself to doing monotonous things towards said purpose.

    I guess, the beauty of life is in not knowing if you're doing what you're really supposed to doing.

    (I think don't have a point for this comment either, really. It's just my initial thought after reading your post.)

    ReplyDelete